DSW Program Update & Admission Information
We are excited to share that the Doctor of Social Work (DSW) Program at FAU School of Social Work admitted its inaugural cohort in the Fall Semester of 2016. We are accepting applications for Fall 2019. Applications are available online.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Applicants are being highly advised to attend one of our DSW information sessions prior to applying to the program. When future information sessions are scheduled we will update this page.
Admissions Criteria to the DSW Program*:
- Master’s of Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. For international applicants an MSW from a school accredited by a CSWE equivalent accrediting organization.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher from the applicant’s MSW program
- Minimum of 2 years of post-MSW experience
- For Foreign Applicants: TOEFL Score of 580 or IBT of 92-93
- A personal statement describing the applicant’s goals for the Doctorate in Social Work as well as possible research questions or area of inquiry that the applicant would like to investigate in their proposed capstone project
- A current LCSW or its equivalent in social work, license eligibility, or registration as a Florida social work intern or its equivalent (in social work only)
- Three recommendations (which are submitted via the online application process – at least two of the recommendations should be from advanced-level practitioners or educators (i.e., L.C.S.W., Psy.D., D.N.P., Ph.D., Nurse Practitioner, L.M.H.C., L.M.F.T., M.D.)
- Current résumé or CV
- Interview as requested by the admissions committee
- Students will have a criminal background check, completed upon admission.
* Meeting minimal standards does not guarantee admission. The total application packet will be considered in making admission decisions.
Cohorts are admitted each year in the Fall semester. The application deadline for the Fall 2020 cohort is February 1, 2020, for international students and April 1st, 2020, for domestic applicants. Notification of admission decisions will begin in June of 2020.
If accepted for admission into the DSW program, all incoming students are required to attend a DSW orientation conducted during the week prior to the beginning of the fall term classes. Failure to attend this orientation session will result in admission deferment to the following year.
For any specific questions about the program or to RSVP for one of the information sessions please contact Dr. Manny John González at email@example.com.
Graduate Admission Advisement
For questions about admission into the DSW program, please contact Dr. Kelly Roy (Doctoral Program Graduate Advisor and Assistant Director of Advising Services) at 561-297-4532 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).