Bachelor of Social Work
Dear Applicants and Candidates:
Whether you are browsing or have already been accepted into our highly regarded Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program, I am pleased to welcome you to the Phyllis & Harvey Sandler School of Social Work! Our program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and is based upon the Generalist Intervention Model, which uses a strength-based approach to working with individuals, families, groups and communities.
As a student in the Sandler School of Social Work, you can look forward to rigorous curricula in the classroom with content focused in the following areas:
- Client systems of various sizes and types;
- The diverse populations of southeast Florida;
- Societal, community and agency contexts, as well as their changing natures, the behavior of organizations and the dynamics of change;
- Values and ethics of the social work profession, and;
- Emphasizing awareness of the responsibility to continue professional growth and development
Our current students frequently praise our faculty members for their bright, energetic approach to instruction and their deeply rooted connections to the South Florida social work community. With nearly 350 agency partners, you will have limitless possibilities for hands-on training and experience in our field practicum program.
Upon graduation, you will be well-prepared to enter the field as a social worker in a broad range of settings, such as child welfare, criminal justice, gerontology and the school system. You may also choose to pursue your graduate degree in our Master of Social Work (MSW) program, which will prepare you for advanced clinical practice. You may also choose to transition into other fields of professional graduate education such as law, political science and administration. Rather than a narrow, focused approach, the generalist nature of our BSW degree gives you a broad foundation and the chance to explore the many different areas of social work in which you may, one day, choose to specialize.
- For additional information, please click the “For Students” tab in the menu bar above.
- To complete your FAU application, please click here.
- To schedule a phone appointment with me, please call (561) 297-0385.
- To request an information package or to learn my office hours, please call the Sandler School at (561) 297-0385.
- To reach an academic advisor on the campus that is most convenient for you, please click here.
Precious Skinner-Osei, Ph.D., MSW
BSW Program Coordinator
We're Here to Help
For any questions regarding the Bachelor of Social Work degree program, please contact Dr. Precious Skinner-Osei (Program Coordinator) at 561-297-0385. For questions about advising, please contact the Advising Services at 561-297-2316. To make an appointment with your advisor, please log on to the Success Network/Starfish.